Betting Guide On Greyhound Racing in NZ 2023
Our goal at OnlineBetting.net.nz is to help you to find the best online betting experiences in New Zealand, and then to help you make the most of them. With this in mind we’ve put some basic guidelines to Greyhound betting together for you, and you can check them out right here.
There’s not much to beat watching these beautiful animals in action and then seeing the one that you backed come first. The options that recommended sports betting sites offer should accommodate enthusiasts at every level of their punting career, and they generally fall into two groups: Fixed Odds and Pool Bets.
In Fixed Odds Bets your odds are set when you place your stake, while in Pool Bets (also called Parimutuel Bets) the odds vary with the number of wagers. All punts of the same kind are pooled together, and after the race payouts are divided amongst the winners in different percentages according to specific rules.
Best Greyhound Racing Betting Sites
|1||5/5||100% Match up to $250 NZD|| Bet now|
|2||4.9/5||100% Match|| Bet now|
Each system is better suited to different situations, and a good way to choose between them is to watch how the odds behave. As you spend more time at the online New Zealand bookies we recommend you’ll get a better sense of this and of the available Greyhound betting options in general. To get you started, we’ve listed the most common wagers found at the top rated greyhound racing betting sites.
- Straight and Place options are the simplest Greyhound racing bets, and all you need to do is name the dog that comes first or who places second or third. Each Way Bets combine the two, so that you pick one dog and are paid out your winnings in full if it comes first or in part if it places second or third.
- A Perfecta, which you might see being called an Exacta or a Straight Forecast, requires you to predict the first and second placers in the correct order. A Reverse Forecast, or Quiniela, is the same except that the order doesn’t matter so it’s a little easier. Trifectas and Superfectas work the same way as a Perfecta does, for the first 3 or 4 finishing dogs respectively.
- Head-to-Head Bets only require you to say which of 2 hounds will place higher.
- For Over/Under Bets you need to put money down on whether the top 2 dogs’ winning distance will be over or under the distance your bookie has predicted.
- In a Winning Trap Bet, you’ll be punting on whether the number of the winning hound will be odd or even.
- As your Greyhound betting confidence grows you might choose to merge different wagers on 1 ticket in a Multiple Bet. The odds are multiplied together so the rewards are huge, but every pick has to win before you get them. The sports books we showcase at onlinebetting.net.nz are very fair, but it’s still best to save these risky bets for when you feel like you really know your way around the track.
- Online betting sites in New Zealand also often feature exotic punts that are exciting to explore and offer high free bets. These change regularly, so every experience should be exciting and fresh.
As you spend more time at quality online New Zealand greyhound racing betting sites your appreciation and understanding of Greyhound betting will grow. Let it develop over time as you discover new wagers and strategies, and savour the journey.